|Look for a public Workshop
|Schedule a program
for your school or group
We've already conducted dozens of workshops and Blue and Gold Banquet Shows for Scout Packs in the Heart of America KC area!
We promise to "do our best" to help them achieve their rank requirements while sparking their imaginations with fun, interactive and hands-on science.
Addresses rank requirements for: Webelos Scientist Activity Badge (only partial), Bear Aircraft Arrow Point, Wolf Trail, Science Belt Loop and Science Academics Pin. This is a 45-minute show with volunteer scouts chosen from the audience.
Covers such topics as states of matter, the scientific method, and chemical reactions. This is a 45-minute show with volunteer scouts chosen from the audience.
Other shows are also available for your Scout event. Check our Special Events page for a complete list!
Webelos Badge Workshops bring a Mad Scientist to your location of choice, and include all supplies and equipment.
Webelos Scientist Activity Badge Science Workshop
A concentrated two hour session. As the Webelos Scout Book references, each Webelos has to do NINE different things before he can earn the Scientist Activity Badge. In our 2-hour Webelos Science FunShop, the scouts would:
* learn about Bernoulli's Principle
* learn about Pascal's Law
* learn about Newton's First Law of Motion
* conduct atmospheric pressure experiments
* conduct air pressure experiments
* experiment with water pressure
* learn how to make fog
* form crystals
* conduct optical illusion experiments
For an even more explosive science experience, you can add an optional rocket launch.
Webelos Geologist Badge.
This is a one-hour Workshop that includes 5 activities.
* classify minerals according to hardness
* learn how we use minerals to build things we use every day
* experiment with mountain formation
* explore fossils from our area
* learn about the causes of geological events such as earthquakes and geysers
Webelos Engineer Badge.
This is a one-hour Workshop with 5 activities to satisfy Engineer Badge Requirements. To complete the badge, the Scout must also talk to an Engineer, Surveyr or Architect about occupations in engineering.
* learn how electricity is generated and transmitted
* draw a floorplan of your home
* construct an electrical circuit
* construct bridges of 3 different designs
* build a working catapult the Scout will take home
Space Arrow Point Trail
Satisfies 4 of 6 Requirements: Pinhole Planetarium; Model Rocket Building; Satellites; Planets
Weather Arrow Point Trail
Satisfies 6 Requirements (after log recording for 2 weeks after the class): Thermometers; Weather Vane; Rain Gauge; Barometers; Cloud Types; Weather Forecasts
Electricity Arrow Point Trail
Satisfies all 5 Requirements: Wire Buzzer; Electric Game; Electromagnet; Simple Electric Motor; Electromagnetic Crane
Aircraft Arrow Point Trail
Satisfies 5 Requirements: Aircraft Identification; Hot Air Balloons; Model Airplane flight; 4 forces of flight; Helicopter capabilities
Each of these are one-hour Science Workshops; includes take-home and all materials
Machine Power Arrow Point Trail >
This is also a one-hour Science Workhops which include take-home and materials.